Search This Blog

Sunday, 31 May 2020

PSALM 66


Psalm 66
How Awesome Are Your Deeds
To the choirmaster. A Song. A Psalm.

1 
Shout for joy to God, all the earth;
2 
    sing the glory of his name;
    give to him glorious praise!
3 
Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!
    So great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you.
4 
All the earth worships you
    and sings praises to you;
    they sing praises to your name.” Selah
5 
Come and see what God has done:
    he is awesome in his deeds toward the children of man.
6 
He turned the sea into dry land;
    they passed through the river on foot.
There did we rejoice in him,
7 
    who rules by his might forever,
whose eyes keep watch on the nations—
    let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah
8 
Bless our God, O peoples;
    let the sound of his praise be heard,
9 
who has kept our soul among the living
    and has not let our feet slip.
10 
For you, O God, have tested us;
    you have tried us as silver is tried.
11 
You brought us into the net;
    you laid a crushing burden on our backs;
12 
you let men ride over our heads;
    we went through fire and through water;
yet you have brought us out to a place of abundance.
13 
I will come into your house with burnt offerings;
    I will perform my vows to you,
14 
that which my lips uttered
    and my mouth promised when I was in trouble.
15 
I will offer to you burnt offerings of fattened animals,
    with the smoke of the sacrifice of rams;
I will make an offering of bulls and goats. Selah
16 
Come and hear, all you who fear God,
    and I will tell what he has done for my soul.
17 
I cried to him with my mouth,
    and high praise was on my tongue.
18 
If I had cherished iniquity in my heart,
    the Lord would not have listened.
19 
But truly God has listened;
    he has attended to the voice of my prayer.
20 
Blessed be God,
    because he has not rejected my prayer
    or removed his steadfast love from me!

-=-=-=-=-=-
Psalm 66 · Ian White




No comments:

The Gospel According to MATTHEW - Chapter Eleven

  1 After Jesus had finished instructing his twelve   disciples, he went on from there to teach and preach in the towns of Galilee. 2 When ...