Search This Blog

Friday, 7 May 2021

PSALM Seven

A shiggaion of David, which he sang to the Lord 

concerning Cush, a Benjaminite.

1 
Lord my God, I take refuge in you;

    save and deliver me from all who pursue me,

2 

or they will tear me apart like a lion

    and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.

3 

Lord my God, if I have done this

    and there is guilt on my hands –

4 

if I have repaid my ally with evil

    or without cause have robbed my foe –

5 

then let my enemy pursue and overtake me;

    let him trample my life to the ground

    and make me sleep in the dust.

6 

Arise, Lord, in your anger;

    rise up against the rage of my enemies.

    Awake, my God; decree justice.

7 

Let the assembled peoples gather round you,

    while you sit enthroned over them on high.

8 

    Let the Lord judge the peoples.

Vindicate me, Lord, according to my righteousness,

    according to my integrity, O Most High.

9 

Bring to an end the violence of the wicked

    and make the righteous secure –

you, the righteous God

    who probes minds and hearts.

10 

My shield is God Most High,

    who saves the upright in heart.

11 

God is a righteous judge,

    a God who displays his wrath every day.

12 

If he does not relent,

    he will sharpen his sword;

    he will bend and string his bow.

13 

He has prepared his deadly weapons;

    he makes ready his flaming arrows.

14 

Whoever is pregnant with evil

    conceives trouble and gives birth to disillusionment.

15 

Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out

    falls into the pit they have made.

16 

The trouble they cause recoils on them;

    their violence comes down on their own heads.

17 

I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness;

    I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


READING 

Psalm seven- Read by David Suchet






STUDY - LINKS


How Should You Read the Psalms?

- John Piper - 

https://youtu.be/enxKd2YKgjI


Psalms - Overviews

(The Bible Project)

https://youtu.be/j9phNEaPrv8


The Book of Psalms

(The Bible Project)

https://youtu.be/dpny22k_7uk


-=-=-=-


Psalms part 1 - Study by David Pawson

https://youtu.be/qB3QV713xm0


Psalms Part 2 -Study by David Pawson

https://youtu.be/hQJNMgIHVKwSONGS



SONGS 


♫ Psalm 7 | O Lord my God, in thee have I put | with LYRICS

https://youtu.be/R8StK3CSbHI


Psalm 7 Song - Rescue Me

https://youtu.be/P3QF0Eiu2wY 


Psalm 7, In You I Take Refuge

https://youtu.be/iu8Vgw9HsfM



=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


No comments:

The Gospel According to MATTHEW - Chapter Nine

1 Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to   his own town. 2 Some men brought to him a paralysed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus...