Search This Blog

Monday, 7 June 2021

PSALM Thirty Eight


A psalm of David. A petition.

1 

Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger

    or discipline me in your wrath.

2 

Your arrows have pierced me,

    and your hand has come down on me.

3 

Because of your wrath there is no health in my body;

    there is no soundness in my bones because of my sin.

4 

My guilt has overwhelmed me

    like a burden too heavy to bear.

5 

My wounds fester and are loathsome

    because of my sinful folly.

6 

I am bowed down and brought very low;

    all day long I go about mourning.

7 

My back is filled with searing pain;

    there is no health in my body.

8 

I am feeble and utterly crushed;

    I groan in anguish of heart.

9 

All my longings lie open before you, Lord:

    my sighing is not hidden from you.

10 

My heart pounds, my strength fails me;

    even the light has gone from my eyes.

11 

My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds;

    my neighbours stay far away.

12 

Those who want to kill me set their traps,

    those who would harm me talk of my ruin;

    all day long they scheme and lie.

13 

I am like the deaf, who cannot hear,

    like the mute, who cannot speak;

14 

I have become like one who does not hear,

    whose mouth can offer no reply.

15 

Lord, I wait for you;

    you will answer, Lord my God.

16 

For I said, ‘Do not let them gloat

    or exalt themselves over me when my feet slip.’

17 

For I am about to fall,

    and my pain is ever with me.

18 

I confess my iniquity;

    I am troubled by my sin.

19 

Many have become my enemies without cause;

    those who hate me without reason are numerous.

20 

Those who repay my good with evil

    lodge accusations against me,

    though I seek only to do what is good.

21 

Lord, do not forsake me;

    do not be far from me, my God.

22 

Come quickly to help me,

    my Lord and my Saviour.


-=-=-=-=-=-=-



-=-=-=-=-=-=-


READING 

Psalm Thirty Eight

Read by David Suchet


STUDY - LINKS


How Should You Read the Psalms?

- John Piper - 

https://youtu.be/enxKd2YKgjI


-=-=-=-


Prayer in the Psalms: 

Discovering How to Pray

Timothy Keller 

https://youtu.be/QgwzuFG5LCk



Psalms - Overviews

(The Bible Project)

https://youtu.be/j9phNEaPrv8


The Book of Psalms

(The Bible Project)

https://youtu.be/dpny22k_7uk


-=-=-=-


Psalms part 1 - Study by David Pawson

https://youtu.be/qB3QV713xm0


Psalms Part 2 -Study by David Pawson

https://youtu.be/hQJNMgIHVKwSONGS


SONGS 


Psalm 38, Do Not Forsake Me (a new musical setting)

https://youtu.be/qxF29OJP8kk


Psalm 38 · Jacob Tilton

https://youtu.be/UkZCJzhMkAA



=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 

No comments:

The Gospel According to MATTHEW - Chapter Fourteen

  1 At that time Herod the tetrarch heard the reports about Jesus, 2 and he said to his attendants, ‘This is John the Baptist; he has risen...