Search This Blog

Saturday, 11 December 2021

PSALM Fifty Two

For the director of music.

A maskil of David.

 When Doeg the Edomite had gone to Saul and told him:

 ‘David has gone to the house of Ahimelek.’


1 

Why do you boast of evil, you mighty hero?

    Why do you boast all day long,

    you who are a disgrace in the eyes of God?

2 

You who practise deceit,

    your tongue plots destruction;

    it is like a sharpened razor.

3 

You love evil rather than good,

    falsehood rather than speaking the truth.

4 

You love every harmful word,

    you deceitful tongue!

5 

Surely God will bring you down to everlasting ruin:

    he will snatch you up and pluck you from your tent;

    he will uproot you from the land of the living.

6 

The righteous will see and fear;

    they will laugh at you, saying,

7 

‘Here now is the man

    who did not make God his stronghold

but trusted in his great wealth

    and grew strong by destroying others!’

8 

But I am like an olive tree

    flourishing in the house of God;

I trust in God’s unfailing love

    for ever and ever.

9 

For what you have done I will always praise you

    in the presence of your faithful people.

And I will hope in your name,

    for your name is good.


=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=



Word by Word Meditations 

by Fred Ursell


Psalm 52: “flourishing” (v.8)


While fleeing from danger, David casts his eye around on the scheming of his enemies, assessing his own spiritual situation thus “… but I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever” (v.8). 

Note : 

[1] “but” shows us he is above his circumstances, not under and crushed by them; 

[2] “I am” - because God is – living in the present now; 

[3] “like an olive tree” with the oil of God’s Spirit in my DNA; 

[4] “flourishing” and thriving, not merely surviving; 

[5] “in the house of God” as we should be; 

[6] “I trust in God’s … love for ever …” – that’s the secret!



==========

READING 

Psalm Fifty Two

Read by David Suchet 


STUDY - LINKS


How Should You Read the Psalms?

- John Piper - 

https://youtu.be/enxKd2YKgjI


-=-=-=-


Prayer in the Psalms: 

Discovering How to Pray

Timothy Keller 

https://youtu.be/QgwzuFG5LCk



Psalms - Overviews

(The Bible Project)

https://youtu.be/j9phNEaPrv8


The Book of Psalms

(The Bible Project)

https://youtu.be/dpny22k_7uk


-=-=-=-


Psalms part 1 

-Study by David Pawson-

https://youtu.be/qB3QV713xm0


Psalms Part 2 

-Study by David Pawson-

https://youtu.be/hQJNMgIHVKwSONGS



SONGS


Psalm 52

Ian White 


Vineyard worship - Psalm 52 - 

Olive Tree - Fin Miller



Psalm 52 Song - I Trust

Jason Silver


 

-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

-=-=-


 

No comments:

The Gospel According to MATTHEW - Chapter Twenty One

1 As they approached Jerusalem and came to   Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, 2 saying to them, ‘Go to the villa...