Search This Blog

Sunday, 19 May 2024

Psalm 119 - Verses 1 to 16


Psalm 119

Verses 1-16


א Aleph

1 

Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,
    who walk according to the law of the Lord.

2 

Blessed are those who keep his statutes
    and seek him with all their heart –

3 

they do no wrong
    but follow his ways.

4 

You have laid down precepts
    that are to be fully obeyed.

5 

Oh, that my ways were steadfast
    in obeying your decrees!

6 

Then I would not be put to shame
    when I consider all your commands.

7 

I will praise you with an upright heart
    as I learn your righteous laws.

8 

I will obey your decrees;
    do not utterly forsake me.


ב Beth

9 

How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.

10 

I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.

11 

I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.

12 

Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.

13 

With my lips I recount
    all the laws that come from your mouth.

14 

I rejoice in following your statutes
    as one rejoices in great riches.

15 

I meditate on your precepts
    and consider your ways.

16 

I delight in your decrees;
    I will not neglect your word.

-=-=-=-=-=-


Psalm 119

Sir David Suchet 



-=-=-=-=-

Psalm 119 Songs





Psalm 119 · Ian White  




-=-=-=-



No comments:

The Gospel According to MATTHEW - Chapter Twenty

  1 ‘For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who   went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. 2 He agreed to pay...