Search This Blog

Sunday, 1 December 2024

PSALM 120


A song of ascents. 

1 

I call on the Lord in my distress,
    and he answers me.

2 

Save me, Lord,
    from lying lips
    and from deceitful tongues.

3 

What will he do to you,
    and what more besides,
    you deceitful tongue?

4 

He will punish you with a warrior’s sharp arrows,
    with burning coals of the broom bush.

5 

Woe to me that I dwell in Meshek,
    that I live among the tents of Kedar!

6 

Too long have I lived
    among those who hate peace.

7 

I am for peace;
    but when I speak, they are for war.


-=-=-=-=-=-=-
READINGS 


PSALM 120 

Read by David Suchet 





-=-=-=-=-=-

OVERVIEW


PSALMS

(The Bible Project)  





 -=-=-=-=-=-=-

STUDY - LINKS 




-=-=-=- 




-=-=-=-=-

SONGS









-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-



No comments:

The Gospel According to MATTHEW - Chapter Twenty Three

  1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:   2 ‘The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be...